Side chair in Swedish Baroque, 18th century, Sweden. Features dutch feet, turned stretchers, and silk seat. Seat has water damage, but could possibly be restored. The back is very interesting in that it consists of two figure eight shapes carved to look like a woven knot. The wood appears to be a fruitwood and has a tight grain like mahogany, but has spotting similar to birdseye maple. One restoration (old restoration) on one of the legs and cambric as shown.
22.75ʺW × 21.5ʺD × 39ʺH
- Crack at figure 8 back as shown in photographs.
- Seat's silk is water stained, but appears to be original.
- Cambric appears to be newer.
- Repair at leg.
- Repair of missing curved stretcher.
- Minor scuffs here and there.
- Good candidate for restoration. less
Baroque, Gustavian (Swedish)
Place of Origin
Fruitwood, Silk, Upholstery
Seat Interior Depth
Seat Interior Width